|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 9, 2021
Maddy McDaniel, Communications Director
[email protected] or 914-471-7716
*** PRESS CALL THURSDAY 12:15 PM ET — RSVP HERE ***
PRESS CALL THURSDAY AT 12:15 PM ET: SEN. HEINRICH, REP. BEYER, ECONOMIST RESPOND TO LATEST DEVELOPMENTS ON INFRASTRUCTURE NEGOTIATIONS, DISCUSS NEXT STEPS IN RACE AGAINST THE CLOCK
POLLING: 50% Of Voters, Including 53% of Independents, Blame Republicans in Congress, Not President Biden, For Inability to Reach A Bipartisan Deal on the American Jobs Plan
51% of Voters Would Prefer to Pass the American Jobs and Families Plans Together Over Republicans’ Counter-Proposal
A Majority of Voters Support Passing the American Jobs & Families Plans Through Reconciliation As Soon As Possible
WASHINGTON, DC — Thursday at 12:15 pm ET, Senator Martin Heinrich (D-NM), Representative Don Beyer (D-VA-08), and AFL-CIO chief economist and former economist with the JEC Democratic staff Dr. William E. Spriggs will respond to the latest Republican obstruction on infrastructure negotiations and discuss next steps as millions of Americans wait for the job-creating investments in the American Jobs Plan. RSVP for the call here.
This week, negotiations led by Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) collapsed under the weight of Senate Republicans’ unreasonable, unacceptable demands — namely, paying for infrastructure by raiding Covid relief funding meant for keeping essential workers on the job, raising taxes on the middle class while protecting corporations, and gutting essential funding for care and clean energy. Already, Senate Republicans are undermining new bipartisan talks by doubling down on taxing middle class workers to protect corporations that ship American jobs overseas.
With millions of Americans counting on the public investments in the American Jobs Plan to ensure the country’s economic recovery, time for negotiating and hoping Republicans get serious about helping working families is quickly running out.
- Sen. Martin Heinrich (D-NM), Vice Chairman of the Joint Economic Committee
- Rep. Don Beyer (D-VA-08), Chairman of the Joint Economic Committee
- Dr. William E. Spriggs, Chief Economist to the AFL-CIO and professor of economics at Howard University
- Sen. Heinrich, Rep. Beyer, and economist Dr. William E. Spriggs will respond to the latest Republican obstruction on infrastructure negotiations and discuss next steps as millions of Americans wait for the job-creating investments in the American Jobs Plan.
- RSVP for the press call here.