FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 28, 2021
Maddy McDaniel, Communications Director
NEW DIGITAL AD: WELCOME TO LIBERAL FANTASY ISLAND
[Invest in America]
Almost Paradise: Invest in America Action Invites You To Liberal Fantasy Island…
… A Sexy, Scandalous Place That Truly Has It All: Clean Drinking Water, Functioning Public Transportation, Child Care, Broadband Access…
Coming To You If Congress Votes For The American Jobs and Families Plans
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, Invest in America Action is thrilled to invite you to “Liberal Fantasy Island.” A sexy, scandalous place full of clean drinking water, broadband access, affordable child care, and a good-paying job thanks to the American Jobs and Families Plans.
“Republicans keep saying they could see themselves falling in love with a bipartisan infrastructure deal — but when the cameras aren’t rolling, they obstruct good-faith negotiations and introduce job-killing plans that gut funding for critical investments and burden working families,” said Zac Petkanas, senior advisor for Invest in America Action. “From the beginning, Republicans have made it obvious that they just aren’t here for the right reasons. And selling out everyday Americans to protect your corporate donors isn’t how you get a rose. Senate Republicans are just here to play games. The producers have no choice but to vote the Republicans off the island.”
The American Jobs and Families Plans will create millions of high-paying jobs.
The American Jobs and Families Plans would make life better for working people by creating millions of good-paying jobs by improving American infrastructure, including roads, bridges, drinking water systems, electric grids and high speed internet, while creating millions of high paying new jobs in construction, engineering, caregiving and clean energy.
- These jobs can be filled by helping working Americans get a leg up and make ends meet, including by supporting families with children with tax breaks and affordable child care options.
The American Jobs and Families Plans are paid for by making those earning over $400,000 and big corporations pay their fair share, like ending deductions companies now get for shipping US jobs overseas.
- These job-creating investments will make America more competitive with China and ensure our nation benefits from good jobs, robust economic growth, and the strong society we need to win in the 21st Century.
A multi-trillion dollar investment in infrastructure will create jobs and turbocharge the economy.
- S&P Global estimates that $2 trillion investment in public infrastructure over 10 years would create 2.3 million jobs, grow personal income by $2,400, boost household spending by $3.5 trillion, and inject $5.7 trillion to the U.S economy — that’s 10 times what was lost during the Great Recession.
- More than half of the millions of jobs created by infrastructure investments would go to blue collar workers without a college degree.
- The time is right for a big investment — a $2 trillion infrastructure investment now could mean that each dollar spent will have a return of $2.70, according to S&P.
- In 2017, the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce estimated that a $1 trillion investment in infrastructure could create 11 million jobs.
“Infrastructure pays for itself if it’s done wisely. It’s the grease that keeps the economy moving along.”