HOW BUILD BACK BETTER HELPS TX-07
Rep. Lizzie Fletcher (TX-07)
- In TX-07, a district with 67,300 children under age 6, the child care market fails to serve 48% of young children.
- 45% of young children in TX-07 don’t have all available parents in the workforce, while over 165,920 parents make career sacrifices due to issues with child care.
- The average annual cost of child care in Texas is $9,428. Compared with the median income of $102,230 for a family of four in TX-07, infant care costs as a share of median family income in the district total approximately 9.2%
- The Build Back Better Act will provide universal pre-k to all 3-and 4-year olds, giving all children access to high-quality early education, and will ensure that no working family in TX-07 pays more than 7% of their income on child care.
Child Tax Credit
- In TX-07, approximately 13% of young children live in poverty.
- About 145,000 children in TX-07 qualify for the enhanced Child Tax Credit payments, and a total of 94,000 payments were made to TX-07 families in October.
- The average payment per household across the state of Texas was $444.
- The Build Back Better Act will extend the fully refundable enhanced Child Tax Credit to provide up to $3,600 per qualified child until 2023.
- The Build Back Better Act could help an estimated 28,000 TX-07 residents save an average $600 per year on health insurance premiums by extending expanded Affordable Care Act premium tax credits.
- Extending the expanded Premium Tax Credits through 2025 could give TX-07 residents an estimated average $970.91 tax cut per tax filer.
- The Build Back Better Act could also lead to expanded Medicare coverage of hearing benefits for up to 97,001 residents in TX-07.
- 8.8% of adults in TX-07 have been diagnosed with diabetes; the Build Back Better Act will lower the price of insulin by placing a $35-per-month cap on the drug.
- 90% of registered voters in TX-07 support allowing Medicare to negotiate lower prescription drug prices.
- The Build Back Better Act will help ensure that drug costs do not increase faster than inflation by allowing Medicare to negotiate lower drug prices.
Earned Income Tax Credit
- The Build Back Better Act will extend the current expanded Earned Income Tax Credit for childless workers of up to $1,502 for one year.
- An estimated 58,000 working families in TX-07 will benefit from the expanded Earned Income Tax Credit.
- TX-07 is already home to 11,887 clean energy jobs, including 2,959 renewable energy jobs and 7,353 energy efficiency jobs. The Build Back Better Act will bring even more good-paying, green union jobs to TX-07.
- 82% of adults in TX-07 support providing tax rebates for energy-efficient vehicles or solar panels, and 70% believe corporations should do more to address global warming.
- The Build Back Better Act will make historic investments in clean energy technologies, and help middle class families save money transitioning to clean energy electrification.
- TX-07 faces an affordable housing shortage of over 30,790 homes, meanwhile, 24% of all renter households in the district are severely cost-burdened.
- The Build Back Better Act will make the largest investment in history for the construction, rehabilitation, and improvement of affordable housing.
- The Act will also make historic investments in rental and down payment assistance programs.