HOW BUILD BACK BETTER HELPS GA-06
Rep. Lucy McBath (GA-06)
- In GA-06 a district with over 57,900 children under age 6, the child care market fails to serve 51% of young children.
- 37% of young children in GA-06 don’t have all available parents in the workforce, while over 26,000 parents make career sacrifices due to issues with child care.
- The Build Back Better Act will provide universal pre-k to all 3-and 4-year olds, giving all children access to high-quality early education, and will ensure that no working family in GA-06 pays more than 7% of their income on child care.
Child Tax Credit
- In GA-06, approximately 6% of young children live in poverty.
- About 113,000 children in GA-06 qualify for the enhanced Child Tax Credit payments, and a total of 93,000 payments were made to GA-06 families in October.
- The average payment per household across the state of Georgia was $425.
- The Build Back Better Act will extend the fully refundable enhanced Child Tax Credit to provide up to $3,600 per qualified child until 2023.
- The Build Back Better Act could help an estimated 29,000 GA-06 residents save an average $600 per year on health insurance premiums by extending expanded Affordable Care Act premium tax credits.
- Extending the expanded Premium Tax Credits through 2025 could give GA-06 residents an estimated average $974.9 tax cut per tax filer.
- The Build Back Better Act could also lead to expanded Medicare coverage of hearing benefits for up to 104,528 residents in GA-06.
- 14% of adults in GA-06 are unable to access care due to cost.
- 7.6% of adults in GA-06 have been diagnosed with diabetes; the Build Back Better Act will lower the price of insulin by placing a $35-per-month cap on the drug.
- 90% of registered voters in GA-06 support allowing Medicare to negotiate lower prescription drug prices.
- The Build Back Better Act will help ensure that drug costs do not increase faster than inflation by allowing Medicare to negotiate lower drug prices.
Earned Income Tax Credit
- The Build Back Better Act will extend the current expanded Earned Income Tax Credit for childless workers of up to $1,502 for one year.
- An estimated 38,000 working families in GA-06 will benefit from the expanded Earned Income Tax Credit.
- GA-06 is already home to 13,602 clean energy jobs, including 1,420 renewable energy jobs and 9,704 energy efficiency jobs. The Build Back Better Act will bring even more good-paying, green union jobs to GA-06.
- 83% of adults in GA-06 support providing tax rebates for energy-efficient vehicles or solar panels, and 72% believe corporations should do more to address global warming.
- The Build Back Better Act will make historic investments in clean energy technologies, and help middle class families save money transitioning to clean energy electrification.
- GA-06 faces an affordable housing shortage of over 21,878 homes, meanwhile, 20% of all renter households in the district are severely cost-burdened.
- The Build Back Better Act will make the largest investment in history for the construction, rehabilitation, and improvement of affordable housing.
- The Act will also make historic investments in rental and down payment assistance programs.