HOW BUILD BACK BETTER HELPS AZ-01
Rep. Tom O’Halleran (AZ-01)
- In AZ-01, a district with over 56,400 children under age 6, the child care market fails to serve 74% of young children.
- 41% of young children in AZ-01 don’t have all available parents in the workforce, while over 52,720 parents make career sacrifices due to issues with child care.
- The average annual cost of child care in Arizona is $9,395. Compared with the median income of $62,320 for a family of four in AZ-01, infant care costs as a share of median family income in the district total approximately 15%
- The Build Back Better Act will provide universal pre-k to all 3-and 4-year olds, giving all children access to high-quality early education, and will ensure that no working family in AZ-01 pays more than 7% of their income on child care.
Child Tax Credit
- In AZ-01, approximately 24% of young children live in poverty.
- About 156,000 children in AZ-01 qualify for the enhanced Child Tax Credit payments, and a total of 85,000 payments were made to AZ-01 families in October.
- The average payment per household across the state of Arizona was $447.
- The Build Back Better Act will extend the fully refundable enhanced Child Tax Credit to provide up to $3,600 per qualified child until 2023.
- The Build Back Better Act could help an estimated 12,000 AZ-01 residents save an average $600 per year on health insurance premiums by extending expanded Affordable Care Act premium tax credits.
- Extending the expanded Premium Tax Credits through 2025 could give AZ-01 residents an estimated average $691.83 tax cut per tax filer.
- The Build Back Better Act could also lead to expanded Medicare coverage of hearing benefits for up to 162,307 residents in AZ-01.
- 11.3% of adults in AZ-01 have been diagnosed with diabetes; the Build Back Better Act will lower the price of insulin by placing a $35-per-month cap on the drug.
- 90% of registered voters in AZ-01 support allowing Medicare to negotiate lower prescription drug prices.
- The Build Back Better Act will help ensure that drug costs do not increase faster than inflation by allowing Medicare to negotiate lower drug prices.
Earned Income Tax Credit
- The Build Back Better Act will extend the current expanded Earned Income Tax Credit for childless workers of up to $1,502 for one year.
- An estimated 66,000 working families in AZ-01 will benefit from the expanded Earned Income Tax Credit.
- AZ-01 is already home to 5,215 clean energy jobs, including 637 renewable energy jobs and 4,008 energy efficiency jobs. The Build Back Better Act will bring even more good-paying, green union jobs to AZ-01.
- 82% of adults in AZ-01 support providing tax rebates for energy-efficient vehicles or solar panels, and 70% believe corporations should do more to address global warming.
- The Build Back Better Act will make historic investments in clean energy technologies, and help middle class families save money transitioning to clean energy electrification.
- AZ-01 faces an affordable housing shortage of over 12,110 homes, meanwhile, 24% of all renter households in the district are severely cost burdened.
- The Build Back Better Act will make the largest investment in history for the construction, rehabilitation, and improvement of affordable housing.
- The Act will also make historic investments in rental and down payment assistance programs.